Rebecca's Reviews > Vegan, Virgin, Valentine

Vegan, Virgin, Valentine by Carolyn Mackler

Jun 18, 11

bookshelves: chicklit, ya
Read in January, 2008

Ah, YA! So few and far between you are, but I am currently on that page of my list, so I am finding more then usual. This was your typical, type-A personality high school senior who is headed off to Princeton (why not Harvard?) and will enter as a second year, as she has enough AP whateverness to do that. Oy. Someone needs to write a book on a NORMAL person. After reading this book, I totally wanted to write a book on my senior year, which while accomplished nothing, was awesome. ANYWAY. The girls niece (who is a year younger then her) comes to live with her and her parents and proceeds to piss the girl off. But not really! They start to get along really fast. So pointless. The girl is a vegan so she can have some control in her life. After she broke up with her boyfriend the year before (because she wouldn’t have sex with him) she wanted something to fill the void, so she became a vegan. DUMBEST REASON EVER. And in the book, she starts dating her MUCH old boss at the coffee house she works at. She is 17 and he is 22. Seriously, creepy. But whatever. And now because of this, she doesn’t want to go to some pre-college program at John Hops. SO LAME! Agh, I hate shit like this. I hate when smart people do stupid things. LAME.

Grade: C-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan, Virgin, Valentine.