Kristen's Reviews > The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint

The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint by Brady Udall

Jun 25, 11

Read from June 18 to 25, 2011

I'd probably give this 3.5 stars, but it wasn't quite enough to convince me to round up to 4 (so I guess I should say 3.4 starts to keep things consistent mathematically). I read this book because of how much I enjoyed The Lonely Polygamist. There were elements of Udall's that I enjoyed in that book present in this one, but it didn't quite touch the same nerve.

Early on this book reminded me of one of my favorites - A Prayer for Owen Meany - and that might have been a downfall before I even got going too far in. The narrator/protagonist is a seemingly miracle child, Edgar Mint. I did enjoy reading through the trajectory of his life...I don't want to give anything away...but there were parts that seemed to drag. Although in retrospect, maybe they were supposed to. Time was certainly a drag for Edgar in those times.

Overall, this was a good read. If you only have time for one Udall, however, you should probably pick The Lonely Polygamist.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint.