Megsprincess87's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Jun 18, 11

Read in June, 2011

I just finished this book. I read it in a day and half because I couldn't hardly put it down. I absolutly love this book. I did have some concerns with a few things however. First, I was just noticing the main character Maggie and her new found faith. She had accepted Christ a year before her present situation, so she is a baby christian, but I found that her only attempts at hearing God are when she is in a crisis and needs his help. When he doesnt respond in an audible voice, she seems bitter. Second, I didn't quite understand how everyone in her old hometown, who are all grown adults, nearing their thirties can still walk around acting like high school kids, being upset at her for something she did over 10 years ago. It kind of made me wanna hate those characters. I found myself putting me in her shoes, and I think Iw ould have not been so patient with them, I would have struggled to handle her situations.
This book brought up the topic of fear. And how our fear can seperate us from God. It can hinder our ability to live the life God has for us which is unity with him. This really hit home for me, because FEAR is one of the biggest issues and struggles in my life, my faith, my relationships, everything. I loved that I could connect with this story in a way that is real, and powerful. I will definitly read this book again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.