Ruth's Reviews > Legacy of Ghosts

Legacy of Ghosts by Joleene Naylor

Nov 03, 11

Read in June, 2011

This book picks up where the first one, Shades of Gray, left off. All Jorick wants is some peace and quiet, so he takes Katelina to his home, which hasn't been inhabited for a long time, given the dust and cobwebs. He then runs off to a secret room which he locks so Katelina can't see what's in it. It's stuff like that which intrigues me, and finding out about his past that he held back from Katelina was fun to learn.

While Katelina is doubting Jorick's feelings for her, Oren is trying to convince Jorick to battle Kateesha and her war coven. Jorick refuses to join, so other vampires come along to try to convince him, and it's when Katelina almost dies that he realizes he has no choice. He must protect Katelina.

What I liked, besides the secret room and secret letters, was the emotional struggle Katelina faced as she figured out her place in Jorick's life. I usually read romance, so it's no wonder that part caught my attention as much as it did. I also enjoyed the link Jorick had to establish between them in order to save her. The author used this to show her humor as the two had to deal with knowing each other's thoughts, and it was sweet when Katelina got to share in Jorick's memories of his initial attraction for her. What I especially enjoyed, however, was what happened when Jorick, Katelina, and the others went in to attack Kateesha's coven. I never once imagined Katelina would end up doing what she did! I can't give that away though because it was the best part of the book and it would spoil it for others who haven't read it yet.

I look forward to reading book 3 so I can find out what happens next in the Amaranthine series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy of Ghosts.