Britni's Reviews > Find Your Strongest Life: What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do Differently

Find Your Strongest Life by Marcus Buckingham

Jun 18, 11

Read in January, 2009

The book is written for women on how to be happier by finding your strongest life, which Buckingham describes as living your life for and through your strengths rather than dwelling on your weaknesses. He explains that everyone basically falls into one of nine categories - you can find out which category you fall into by taking this test - and that we should be using that part of ourselves in all categories of our lives or we're always going to be wanting something else.

I read through the first few chapters and was intrigued with this idea. Then I took the test, and found that I was a caretaker as my first role and advisor as my second. Both of those actually fit me perfectly and made reading the rest of the book more inspiring and motivating. Everything he said made sense and made me think again about all of the commitments I've made and whether or not I really get to be myself while doing them. And for the ones I don't, it made me really think about why I'm doing them. And that I may not do them for much longer because I like feeling successful and useful, and there are too many things in my life that are just that- things that take up my time but give me nothing back.

So I would definitely recommend this book to everyone. It actually comes out today and was very insightful for me to think about unbalancing my life, leaning it towards the things I'm strong in to make it a better one. 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Find Your Strongest Life.