Janet's Reviews > Deep Change: Discovering the Leader Within

Deep Change by Robert E. Quinn

Mar 28, 08

bookshelves: leadership, books-worth-reading-twice
Recommended to Janet by: Paul Meekin
Recommended for: leaders finding their voice
Read in January, 1996

Great book on finding your voice as a leader, and also some key distinctions as one traverses the path of leadership. This book found its way to me from a client who I mentored and likewise mentored me via his brother's work in organizational development. The two way relationship stands despite the distance of several states and many children later.

Stories, parables, myths: a language that transcends all 'cultures'. Ahhhhhhhhh, this is a refreshing, concise, simple and brilliant work! Simple yet far from easy.
There is nothing easy about this work.

To change what is "out there" I must look inward and face my own myths, dragons, fears, shadows and shortcomings. This is a in depth look at what Covey relates as the "circle of concern" and "circle of influence."

The only way to change the world is to change myself. 12 plus years into the journey with a coach who has helped me keep myself on the journey, I am likely on the 10th version of myself as a person, parent and leader and looking forward to what the 11th, 12th and 13th versions of myself bring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Change.