Samantha Combs's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Jun 18, 11

Read in February, 2011

Read this being full aware that the author had died planning there to be seven more books in this series and only finishing three. However, even knowing this was unfinished, this first book in the famous Millenium series didn't dampen my enthusiasm any at all. This is fantastically written, well researched, meticulously laid out and criminal that he never got to finish the series. Having read it so late in its existence was beneficial to me. I waded through all the external hype and immersed myself in this book in one day at jury duty. I was never called, crawled over to the corner of the room and buried my head in my kindle for eight straight hours. I never looked up. For a full day, I lived in Sweden, spoke their language and BECAME Lisbeth Salander. It was the single best day of reading I can remember, albeit the most uncomfortable. I have since purchased both the 2nd and 3rd book in the series. Between editing and publishing my fist novel, and being a mother to two young children, I WILL find time to read them both this summer. Maybe I'l get called for jury duty again?
Likeflag