Linda's Reviews > The Magic of Ordinary Days

The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel

3919132
I first 'saw' this book as a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie on TV. I was so impressed with the story that I had to get the book. Olivia Dunne is the oldest of three sisters. She is the only one who is single and she is also pursuing her master's degree in history. Intelligent with goals to better her life, she wants to become an archeologist. At the opening of the story she is taking care of her mother who is ill.

This is a simple story of love-gone-wrong during the early days of WWII. Olivia is a minister's daughter who does the unthinkable; she gets pregnant after a one-night stand with a soldier that she thought would love and marry her. Unfortunately it is war time and he never returns.

Her mother passes away and her strict father sends her off to marry a farmer. A stranger. A lonely man. A gentle man. Someone who has known heartache in his own way.

Journey with these two isolated individuals who eventually earn the respect and then love, from one another. Deep in scope, this is a powerful story with interesting characters. Besides the warmhearted romance you will learn what was expected of farmers during this era. There is also a secondary story between Olivia and two Japanese sisters she meets.

THE MAGIC OF ORDINARY DAYS moves slowly but not in a bad way. This is one of those romances that you will be sad to end. Ann Howard Creel normally writes young girl fiction but this adult fiction is oh-so-sweet. The movie follows the book but takes some liberties. Read the book first. I highly recommend this special form of enchantment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magic of Ordinary Days.

03/20/2016 marked as: read

Nefise I'll read this one too. Thnak you Linda.

Linda This is another heartwarming story. Again, I loved the hero. If you can ever get the movie, it is wonderful.

Nefise I think I can watch the movie in internet. But like you, first I prefer to read the book. Thanks for recommendation Linda.

Linda Let me know what you think of both of them; be sure and write a review of the book. The actual story explains more about what happened to the Japanese-American people...so, so sad. I learn things everyday. I just wish this author wrote other adult stories in this same vein.

Nefise Hmm you made me intrigued Linda. I really want to read it soon. Is there an ebook, do you know?
And after read it, I definetly write a review.

Linda 'Is there an ebook, do you know?'

Yikes! There is a Kindle but they want $9.99 for it.

Nefise Wow! Okay, I'll think about it :)

Nefise Hi Linda,
I've just put the book in my Kindle. Yayyy!!! :))

Linda Nefise wrote: "Hi Linda,
I've just put the book in my Kindle. Yayyy!!! :))
There're so much books that I want to read, I can't decide which one must be next :)))"

Woo Hoo! The Hallmark movie was wonderful, too, if you can get a copy to watch. It was somewhat different than the book; I enjoyed both of them. :D