Sandra Stiles's Reviews > Winterborne

Winterborne by Augusta Blythe

Aug 10, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult
Read in August, 2011

I loved the way the story is told from Loie’s point of view instead of Mia. They were born on the same day at the same time and grew up best friends. When they were five both of their lives changed. Loie lost both of her parents in an accident and Mia’s father disappeared. Since that time Loie has pretty much grown up in the Winterborne house. Her grandmother believes Mia’s father had something to do with the death of Loie’s parents. She has become very bitter and appears to not really love Loie. A few months before their seventeenth birthday, a gorgeous guy shows up. Both girls fin themselves in love with him. It is Mia he has eyes for. Loie believes it should be this way because Mia is going to inherit her special powers when she turns 17 and she will be just plain old Loie. But there are many secrets, mythical creatures and a battle that neither girl could see coming their way.

I read this book straight through. I am sorry it took so long to get to it. A backlog of reviews was the reason. I can guarantee you that I won’t wait that long for the sequel and I hope that isn’t long at all. This was a very clean cut young adult novel and one I will put on my shelves when it becomes available in print. I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winterborne.