Julie Witt's Reviews > Land of Nod, The Artifact

Land of Nod, The Artifact by Gary  Hoover

Jun 26, 2011

Read from June 18 to 20, 2011

I really liked this book! I got it for free for a group read, but I would have gladly paid for it because I enjoyed it so much. The author makes The Land of Nod, an alternate, or parallel universe, seem like a very real place because of his spot on descriptions. The book moved along at a really good pace, and I found myself unable to put it down most of the time.

If I had the option here I would have given this book a rating of 4.5 stars, -.5 only because I thought the ending was a bit abrupt. I was enjoying the story very much, and I do highly recommend that you read it, but I would like to have seen the ending drawn out a bit more. It just seemed like I was reading along, enjoying the momentum, and then -- it ended. Happily, it did end in a way which made it quite clear that there is going to be a second book, and I cannot wait to read it!

In summary: This book was an excellent story that could do with a bit more of a drawn out ending, but I highly recommend it, and I can't wait for the second book!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Land of Nod, The Artifact.

Read for your future! what age group would you recommend this series to?

Julie Witt It's been a while since I read it but I seem to recall that it was a very clean read with some scary creatures but nothing that I think would make it inappropriate for anyone from 10 up. It's well written enough that even adults like it, so basically MG/YA/and up!!

Read for your future! Thanks

Julie Witt Anytime! If you read it, let me know what you think. :)