Julie Witt's Reviews > Land of Nod: The Artifact

Land of Nod by Gary  Hoover

Jun 26, 11

Read from June 18 to 20, 2011

I really liked this book! I got it for free for a group read, but I would have gladly paid for it because I enjoyed it so much. The author makes The Land of Nod, an alternate, or parallel universe, seem like a very real place because of his spot on descriptions. The book moved along at a really good pace, and I found myself unable to put it down most of the time.

If I had the option here I would have given this book a rating of 4.5 stars, -.5 only because I thought the ending was a bit abrupt. I was enjoying the story very much, and I do highly recommend that you read it, but I would like to have seen the ending drawn out a bit more. It just seemed like I was reading along, enjoying the momentum, and then -- it ended. Happily, it did end in a way which made it quite clear that there is going to be a second book, and I cannot wait to read it!

In summary: This book was an excellent story that could do with a bit more of a drawn out ending, but I highly recommend it, and I can't wait for the second book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Land of Nod.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Read for your future! what age group would you recommend this series to?

Julie Witt It's been a while since I read it but I seem to recall that it was a very clean read with some scary creatures but nothing that I think would make it inappropriate for anyone from 10 up. It's well written enough that even adults like it, so basically MG/YA/and up!!

Read for your future! Thanks

Julie Witt Anytime! If you read it, let me know what you think. :)