Megan's Reviews > White Crow

White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick

Dec 01, 2011

bookshelves: ya-summer-challange-2011, young-adult
Read from November 30 to December 01, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Crow.

12/01/2011 page 192

Wendy Darling Oh, I'm glad you liked it! I still haven't written my review yet either.

Alexandra this book slightly disturbed me

Megan Wendy, there is so much to say about this book, but I keep finding it difficult to articulate into a non-spoiler review :( Liked it a lot but I definitely want more ~ more about Rebecca, her friends, her father & his story, more about the town. I love this as it is, eerie & suspenseful & vague... but if Marcus Sedgwick wrote a companion novella with a little more info that would make my day!

Alexandra, this book is so creepy & disturbing! Have you read anything else by Sedgwick? I haven't but am looking forward to it.

Wendy Darling I'm actually okay with not having entirely clear cut answers about everything...but I do agree that if this book had been a little more fleshed out and longer, it might have been an even more enjoyable experience.

It scared me, though. o_O

Megan I'm okay without clear cut answers, too. Being so bare bones is part of what makes this story work ~ having more details and answers may have taken away from the intensity and the scariness. Even so, I would like to question Sedgwick on background info :) His characters are so well defined, you know he has to have an idea about their histories.

Alexandra no i haven't read anything else by him