Lila Hunter's Reviews > Between Two Ends

Between Two Ends by David Ward

Jul 15, 11

bookshelves: english
Recommended to Lila by: NetGalley
Recommended for: anyone looking for a family friendly read.
Read from June 17 to July 11, 2011, read count: 1

Book: Between Two Ends (2011)

Author: David Ward

My Story with: The book was released May 2011 and I got a copy from Amulet Books via NetGalley a long time before that. This is the first galley I finished reading using my new and addictive Kindle, but I started reading it using Aldiko on my Android device.

My View: The book was not what I was expecting. I was thinking the story was a more adult orientated one, but I was gladly surprised when I started reading it. Other than the constant mention of the psychological problems by one of the characters, the rest of the content is suitable for kids 10 yrs. or older with some mild violence.

The story flows logically and with turns and twists in the right places. Some of the descriptive pages were too long as well as some scenes. It took a minute to build up the plot and the climax of the story, but from that point on it was a great read. The characters are well developed and the book is written in a cohesive manner.

I can see many other adventures for these characters from here on. The story is inviting and interesting. It allows for the imagination to flourish and it does a great job transporting the reader into the story with the characters. I can visualize myself inside many other books.

What I like the most: was the idea of going into the books and taking part in the story.

I wanted more: action and less descriptions. The book can be shorten a couple of pages.

Who should read it: anyone looking for a family friendly read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between Two Ends.