Eli's Reviews > Never Deal with a Dragon

Never Deal with a Dragon by Robert N. Charrette

Mar 18, 08

Read in March, 2008

One day at work, I had a craving for a salad. Events conspired to keep me from going out to get one until well after an hour past my usual lunchtime. By then, I was so ravenous as to be almost beyond rational thought. I went to the salad bar across the street and loaded my big plastic bowl with every single ingredient from the bar that, individually, I enjoyed having in a salad. It was several forkfulls in that my hunger abated enough to permit me to process the input from my taste buds. That input was not good: even though I liked each flavor in and of itself, the combination created a riotous, aberrant gestalt resulting in a thoroughly unsatisfying experience I soldiered through out of sheer stubborness.

Categorical discrepancies notwithstanding, the only difference between that salad and this book is that I would have given the salad two stars for at least serving its most basic purpose of providing nutritive sustenance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Deal with a Dragon.