Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8)

Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8) by Hannah Howell

Jul 14, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: owned-copy, adc-reviews, medieval, paranormal-romance, historical-romance, read-by-august, vampire, short-story-collection, scottish, regency, immortality, 2011-reading
Recommended for: Fans of Scottish/Highlander vampire heroes
Read from July 10 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I'd love to give this 5 stars for the droolicious cover. But the actual book is more like 3.5 stars. Entertaining stories that I think most fans of Hot Scots who happen to be vampires would enjoy. (Danielle pauses mini-review to stare longingly at the beautiful cover.) Where was I???? (Pulls attention back to review.) Oh. This was reviewed for the September issue of Affaire de Coeur magazine. http://affairedecoeur.com.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8).

07/11/2011 page 11
4.0% "I want to lick the guy on this cover. He's hot! First story is pretty good and the heroine has a U name. Score!" 8 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-19 of 19) </span> <span class="smallText">(19 new)</span>

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy I agree Daniel! He is very nice, mmmmm.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I have an ARC, but thankfully, she sent me the cover flap, so I can drool over it. :)

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy lol!

message 4: by The Tiny Cat (new)

The Tiny Cat I shall add to your pool of drool ^.~

message 5: by Cindi (new)

Cindi He he!

message 7: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Are you still admiring this cover, Danielle??? How could the book NOT be good with this picture?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I do take a gander when I get a chance. I have the boring ARC copy, and i Have the cover flat tucked safely in my room while I'm off at work. It's a good book. I should finish it today, hopefully.

message 9: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 I am glad you are enjoying it! How is your job going? Have you been traveling very much with it?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Hi Ally. I have been driving a lot. I will be back at my normal duty station starting tomorrow. I hope that I am able to stay there. Even with all the frustrations, I am thankful to have a job, so I won't complain. Thanks for asking.

message 11: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 I am glad to hear that your driving time sounds like it is going to be going down tomorrow. I know what you mean about being thankful for having a job and we are fortunate to not have to worry about it now.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Thanks, Ally. I still have to drive, but it's normal drive. Better than having almost two hours drive one way, definitely.

message 13: by Cindi (new)

Cindi And Dani knows its hard to concentrate on driving and drooling on the cover at the same time!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) That's what audiobooks are for. LOL!

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess Is this part of a series Danielle? I've been debating reading some books by Howell but I don't know where to start.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) The Howell story is related to her paranormal vampire series, but you don't have to read them in order. This is the first one I read, and I was okay.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess It sounds like an interesting combination. Vampires and Scottish highlanders. I love me some highlanders.

Lady of the Lake Holy wow! I wouldn't even care if this guy had BO as they all did "back then" he could stink all he wanted to as Long as he looks like this! He is GORGEOUS! (seriously!) One great cover!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I agree, Jess.

Elizabeth, it's a fantastic cover!