Mme. Bookling ~'s Reviews > The Blind Assassin

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

119789
Oct 04, 07

Read in October, 2007

This was a totally enjoyable read. I found the pace really suiting as it was a compelling and interesting plot (though somewhat predictable) and totally worth the read for enrichment, BUT you were not lost if you put the book down for a while. It does everything a nonacademic book should do which is to entertain & provide escape. I am not sure why it won various book awards, but if I had to guess it would be because it is a pretty accurately-based historical fiction and she really impressed me by her phraseology and vocabulary - there were many words with which I was unfamiliar. I recommend to anyone who still wants to read something of substance, but needs a break from classic literature. Good recommendation, Crystal - but now I am off to read The Handmaid's Tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blind Assassin.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Crystal im waiting to see what you think of her

Mme. Bookling ~ i have read 10 pages so far...:)

Mme. Bookling ~ Tim, when will you learn that wikipedia is not the truest source of knowledge.

Mme. Bookling ~ I am huge fan of wikipedia. I use it every single day - and especially to research authors and literature. BUT - just because wikipedia says someone is a canadian feminist doesn't mean it's not debateable. Also - it's only the sign of the ignorant to call someone a feminist as an insult.

message 5: by Mme. Bookling (last edited Sep 07, 2007 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mme. Bookling ~ Well, if crystal agrees, Atwood must be a feminist (*)

I was obviously not contesting that she is indeed a feminist, but was instead challenging your gathering and solidifying ideas based only on one source.

And you were satirically criticizing her feminism in your tone.

And I made you look stupid. Yet again.

*sarcasm

Mme. Bookling ~ clearly...you must very much respect her political stance.

Mme. Bookling ~ i would LOVE to find a tone, but i can't f'ing read a damn thing you wrote...grammar please?

what the hell is a white color computer desk?

such a dork, timmay.

Crystal tim your stupid stop talking.

Mme. Bookling ~ haaa. crystal! hilarious!!

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley You people are ridiculous.*