Kristi-The Book Faery's Reviews > Damned

Damned by Nancy Holder

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: simon-schuster, series-to-watch-for, witches, ya-arc-for-2011, ya-pnr-2011, ya-series, vamps
Read from August 02 to 04, 2011

THE FAERIES VIEW

Damned is a captivating sequel to Crusade, I’ve waited for this novel to come out and I was not disappointed! It’s Thrilling, Chilling and Bad to the Bone all while carrying romance and heart break making for a most fascinating read. The series continues to get better, which I thought impossible!

Nancy Holder and Debbie Vigue do a wonderous thing with building a dystopian like world that is ruled by vampires and humans are their sheep. It’s incredibly believable which is what makes it so scary; I can picture this world in my head without much difficulty. The Salamanca group continues to battle the vampires and the humans who side with them, the battle scenes are unbelievably realistic and at times I found myself setting the book down so I could absorb exactly what had happened.

Damned isn’t all about battling vampires; many in the group are battling what’s in their hearts. There is much unrequited love in Damned and with the addition of new characters it gets even more so. The plot while twisted and convoluted isn’t difficult to follow-in fact, it’s part of the thrill, trying to figure out what will happen next drove me crazy! Nancy and Debbie wrote the most amazing plot twists and turns so what I thought I knew turned out to be wrong-imagine that!
There are times when I’m rooting for and celebrating with Team Salamanca and there are times that I am feeling desperate and hopeless. I cried more than once through the book and there is one part that is particularly heart-wrenching-again, I had to set the book down to actually process what had just happened.

The Crusade series is amazing and quite frankly one of the best I’ve read. I am eagerly looking forward to Passing, the next in the series. I recommend starting with the first in the series Crusade before starting Damned and I also would recommend this book to all my Besties and Buds!

THE FAERIE SAYS: READ THIS BOOK

Thank you Simon and Schuster for the ARC/ARE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Damned.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aydrea Ooh I'm so excited to read it!

Kristi-The Book Faery It's fantastic-have you gotten it yet? It's well worth the cabbage and you'll be so glad you read it, so much happens in this book it'll knock your socks off!

Aydrea Kristi wrote: "It's fantastic-have you gotten it yet? It's well worth the cabbage and you'll be so glad you read it, so much happens in this book it'll knock your socks off!"

I don't have it yet, but it sounds so good! I need to go get it ASAP!

Kristi-The Book Faery I think it comes out today or maybe yesterday? Anyways, it's terrific and leaves you with a cliffie and tissues!

Okay, nuff said, don't wanna ruin it for you :o]

Aydrea Kristi wrote: "I think it comes out today or maybe yesterday? Anyways, it's terrific and leaves you with a cliffie and tissues!

Okay, nuff said, don't wanna ruin it for you :o]"

Haha, can't wait :)

message 6: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia I can't wait to read it!! Just ordered it off amazon today to be shipped to my new address :)