Nicole About Town's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Nov 30, 11

bookshelves: for-review, favourites, personal-copies, arc
Read from November 08 to 11, 2011

I was got an ARC of this book from the lovely Jen from Rayment's Readings, Rants & Ramblings and I am so glad that I did.  Getting the ARC actually pushed me to read book one in the Infernal Devices Series, Clockwork Angel.  After reading book one and enjoying it, I immediately picked up the ARC of Clockwork Prince and dived right in.  Seriously, I have no idea how I am supposed to wait for book three now.

All of the things that I loved in Clockwork Angel were brought right back and doubled in Clockwork Prince.  The setting, the characters, the history and story were just developed so beautifully and at such a great pace.  The story just unfolds effortlessly and hooks you right from the very first page.  Clockwork Prince is definitely one of my favourite books of 2011.

Remember how in my review of Clockwork Angel I said that I didn't like Will?  Well let me revise that statement to say that I didn't like Will in that book, but loved him in Clockwork Prince.  I found that learning there there was a motivation and reason behind his behaviour made him much more likable.  In fact, by the end of the book you actually begin to see him for what he really is; a seventeen year old boy trying to make the best of a bad situation to the best of his ability.

Tessa still annoyed me, but it was nice to see her experience some personal growth.  Jess still made me want to light myself on fire every time she appeared.  There really is no other character, that comes to mind, that has ever made me giddily anticipate the moment they finally get what is coming to them quite like Jess does.  Jem finally showed some grit and determination.  There was some steel i his spine and fire in his eyes and it really made me like him that much more.  And of course Magus Bane is still made of awesome and win.

Clockwork Prince is a fabulous follow up in the Infernal Devices Series.  If Cassandra Clare keeps writing like this she will continue to cement her place in the hearts and imaginations of readers everywhere.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

11/08/2011 page 29
6.0% 2 comments
11/10/2011 page 75
15.0% "A bit slow while everyone talks about their feelings but has yet to do anything."
11/10/2011 page 205
41.0% "Now we are getting somewhere."
11/11/2011 page 320
64.0% "Mangus Bane FTW! Seriously, I am not even finished and I already want to give this one 5*"
11/11/2011 page 444
89.0% "Dude! Lunch is over and I have to go back to work. And right at the best part too!" 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…