Abigail's Reviews > You Suck

You Suck by Christopher Moore

May 07, 08

bookshelves: read-2008, urban-fantasy
Read in May, 2008

A humerous love tale between vamipres, when theres frozen turkey bowling, can you go wrong?

One thing I like about Christopher Moore is his comedic timing and hysterical situations. This is yhe second book I've read by him (The first being "A Dirty Job") and in both stories I felt like the end fell flat. There was almost no tension building up to a climax and the ending just felt dull and unfulfilled.

On the other hand, I have never read a story where one of the characters had my name. (With the exception of the book my parents had especially made for me when I was a kid) and the fact there was an Abby in here made my day. Moore's Abby is a 16 year old goth girl who loves her red converse high-tops, likes cocoa, she does her best not to be cheerful, hates it when people call her "cute". She's also 90 pounds and laments frequently about her small boobs. One of her closest friends is a guy named Jared. Jared is also a goth, he writes vampire stories, and loves videogames. Any of that sound familiar?

Well, that's about where the simularites end. Moore's Abby has a tendency to fall head over heels for guys she meets at once and I'm not sure I can describe her personality but not like me at all. And Moore's Jared is gay and a bit of a pansy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Suck.