Nikki's Reviews > Summer Promise

Summer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn

Jun 24, 11

Read from June 17 to 23, 2011

Summer Promise is the story of Christy Miller, a 14-year-old girl from Wisconsin that is spending her summer with her aunt and uncle in California. She has trouble making friends in the beginning, but after her aunts gives her a complete makeover she gains the confidence to finally go out and socialize. Her new friends seem wonderful, but looks can be deceiving. Christy has a wild and eventful summer, during which she learns all about herself.

This is another book that, as a mom, I would encourage my daughter to read in her teens. Though Christy has to deal with some tough issues, including death and finding herself, she shows younger girls that it is okay to be upset. The main message I took from this book was that when you put your life in God's hands, he will help you deal with your problems.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. It is a wonderfully wholesome and entertaining story. This book was hard to put down. Though the religious aspect was a bit overpowering at some parts, I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen next. I'm still left wondering what is going to happen next, and encourage you to read the story and find out why.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Promise.

06/21/2011 page 19
06/22/2011 page 148 "Curse you drowsiness! I want to finish the book!"