Samantha's Reviews > Aggie's Nine Heroes

Aggie's Nine Heroes by Diana Laurence

Jun 17, 11

Read in June, 2011

Aggie's Nine Heroes tells the story of a girl who decides at a very young age that any one person can be a hero, but with a whole team of heroes, anything can be accomplished!

The story has a fascinating plot (and some very interesting alternate "history"-- but I won't spoil it), a believable, spunky heroine, and a diverse group of supporting characters that keep things moving along.

A9H really is a story that anyone can relate to, but the writing style is sophisticated enough to not be boring or trite. Aggie, her incredible Grandfather, and her team are all well-rounded characters with flaws that make them human but talents that make them stand out.

I would recommend the story to anyone who likes a good read- it's perfect for a bookclub discussion (lots of current-events topics, morality and good/evil to spark some debate and conversation), high school English classes (what makes a superhero?) or anyone who wants to be inspired. I know I was.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aggie's Nine Heroes.