Louise's Reviews > Love Her To Death

Jun 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: true-crime
Read in June, 2011

This is a true crime story with an unbelievable story to tell. I just can’t do this book justice with a review of my own this time so, I’m going to use the synopsis on the back cover. I know that’s cheating a little, but I really couldn’t put into words any better than it does, the depth, the intrigue, and mystery surrounding this case.

“True love kills. In the midst of Pennsylvania’s Amish country, on a peaceful summer night in 2008, the body of 45-year-old Jan Roseboro was found at the bottom of her backyard pool. Her husband Michael, a successful businessman and member of a prominent family, showed no emotion as he learned of her death. But the next day an autopsy revealed Jan had been savagely beaten and strangled before being tossed in the water to drown. Soon Michael’s secret lover, pregnant with his child, stepped into the media spotlight. And a horrifying true story of illicit passion, deadly deceit, and cold-blooded murder unfolded...”

Phelps’ account, through numerous interviews, court documents, and other research has made this true crime novel speak. I hope that Jan Roseboro can now rest in peace, somehow knowing that truth finally did prevail and the person responsible for her horrendous murder is now safely ensconced in a United States prison where he belongs!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Her To Death.