Annika's Reviews > Duty & Devotion

Duty & Devotion by Tere Michaels

Jun 17, 11

bookshelves: e-book, m-m, romance
Read from May 06 to 09, 2011, read count: 1

So this is the sequal to Evan and Matts story. And while it handles their problems and how to overcome them fairly well and you just want to know how's it's going on there is lot's of angst in it again.
We pick up a few weeks after the first book ended and Matt is living with evan and cares about the house and the family. The children do love him, Evan does love and everything could be fine. Wouldn't there be Evans issues - he can't accept he's gay. He can't tell his collegues, he does not want to know the neighbours, when the two of them are out he fights of and refuses all signs of devotion/partnership or anything else. In public they are max. friends... It's a big strain on their whole relationship and while I understand why Evan loves Matt I lost the reason why Matt loves Evan in this book. Apart from sex - when they did not fight over it - I couldn't see a reason for Matt to even like Evan. I know from first hand experience how it is to tiptoe around your partenr and watch each word you say because he could fall apart. It rules you life, you do not get anything back from the partner because you fear it's just the wrong thing if you demand something - it puts a big strain onto the relationship and is a total love killer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Duty & Devotion.