Hallie's Reviews > The Floating Islands

The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
1145657
's review
Feb 27, 14

bookshelves: fantasy, ya
Read in February, 2014

Finished again! You'll get thoughts at some point - either on March 19th, or when the YA/MG Book Battle is finished.
likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Floating Islands.
sign in »

Reading Progress

02/23/2014 marked as: currently-reading
02/24/2014 "Reread for the YA/MG Book Battle (http://yamgbattle.wordpress.com/)"
02/27/2014 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah I just added this one to my shelf, too. The author and I share the same agent, and I just read her Griffin Mage trilogy. Her writing is simply incandescent in places. I can't wait to get this book!


Hallie Oh, that's made me even more excited to read this!


Sarah My agent offered to send me a copy. I was like, "YES!!!" :D She'll send Rachel's first YA The City in the Lake, at the same time.


message 4: by Roslyn (new) - added it

Roslyn Looking forward to reading your comments - haven't read anything by Rachel Neumeier yet but it sounds as if I definitely should.


Hallie Roslyn wrote: "Looking forward to reading your comments - haven't read anything by Rachel Neumeier yet but it sounds as if I definitely should."

I've only read Lord of the Changing Winds aside from this one, and found that very disappointing. But Black Dog is sounding wonderful, so hope to get to that soon.


Sarah Lord of the Changing Winds isn't a favorite of mine, either. IMO the third book in that trilogy is the best, and they pretty much stand alone. If you were going to revisit it, that is!!
I loved Black Dog.


Hallie Sarah wrote: "Lord of the Changing Winds isn't a favorite of mine, either. IMO the third book in that trilogy is the best, and they pretty much stand alone. If you were going to revisit it, that is!!
"


That's good to know, Sarah!

Thanks for commenting... and feel free to go back to working on the YA WITH SMOOCHING now. If you want to, of course. :P


Sarah Hallie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Lord of the Changing Winds isn't a favorite of mine, either. IMO the third book in that trilogy is the best, and they pretty much stand alone. If you were going to revisit it, that ..."

Heh. Right now I'm waiting for geniuseditor to send her revision letter. One of her suggestions, I'm certain, will be MOAR SMOOCHING. So, y'know. That's what I'll be doing. :D


Hallie Sarah wrote: "...MOAR SMOOCHING. So, y'know. That's what I'll be doing. :D

I find this ... most acceptable. Most acceptable indeed.

[Would probably have been equally acceptable if geniuseditor had been desperately trying to curb your wildly excessive smoochiness.]


Sarah Hallie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "...MOAR SMOOCHING. So, y'know. That's what I'll be doing. :D

I find this ... most acceptable. Most acceptable indeed.

[Would probably have been equally acceptable if geniuseditor h..."


Y'know, it's hard switching from Conn to schmoop. :D


Hallie Sarah wrote: "Y'know, it's hard switching from Conn to schmoop. :D
"


I can imagine! As long as you stay this side of erotica, you'll be fine. :p [big, encouraging grin]


message 12: by Roslyn (new) - added it

Roslyn Hallie wrote: "Roslyn wrote: "Looking forward to reading your comments - haven't read anything by Rachel Neumeier yet but it sounds as if I definitely should."

I've only read Lord of the Changing Winds aside fro..."


I might leave 'Lord of the Changing Winds' to some vague possible date in the future and read 'Black Dog' soon, then!


back to top