Laura's Reviews > Jitterbug Perfume

Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Jun 30, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from June 17 to 30, 2011

Absolutely loved it. Robbins has an eloquence and a wit that even the luckiest reader only stumbles on (or is guided to) a handful of times in their book life. Very much looking forward to reading more by him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jitterbug Perfume.

06/17/2011 page 35
06/22/2011 page 97
24.0% ""I don't want salvation, I want life, all of life, the miserable as well as the superb. If the gods would tax ecstasy, then I shall pay; however I shall protest their taxes at each opportunity... At least I will have tasted the banquet that they have spread before me on this rich, round planet, rather than recoiling from it like a toothless bunny.""
06/23/2011 page 176
44.0% ""Indeed... ninety percent of all deaths are suicides. Persons... who lack curiosity about life, who find minimal joy in existence, are all too willing, subconsciously, to cooperate with -- and attract -- disease, accident, and violence.""
06/26/2011 page 213
53.0% ""The minute you land in New Orleans, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get that aspect of New Orleans off you is to eat it off.""
06/28/2011 page 252
63.0% ""If you want your tree to produce plenty o' fruit, you've got to cut it back from time to time. Same thing with your neural cells. Some people might call it brain damage. I call it prunin'.""
06/30/2011 page 329
82.0% ""Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.""