Sara Richards's Reviews > Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story

Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore

Jun 16, 11

bookshelves: own
Read in September, 2010

I bought this book after I bought "Bite Me," the 3rd book in the series. I saw it in a magazine and wanted to check it out, unfortunately the magazine didn't tell me there were 2 more before, and I didn't think to check into it. So after purchasing "Bite Me," I went out and bought "Bloodsucking Fiends." I thought it would be a nice twist on the supernatural genre.
"Bloodsucking Fiends" had it's moments, I admit, I laughed a few times, but the author was so focused on the comedy that the story fell through the cracks. In fact, there really wasn't much of a story.A girl is changed into a vampire, she falls for a human, things get difficult. Blah Blah Blah. Heard that one. A book that should have taken me a couple nights to finish ended up taking me a couple weeks.
He does add his comedic flavor, which adds a bit of uniqueness, but not enough for me to go out and buy the 2nd book. So now I have "Bite Me" sitting here, untouched. Maybe one day I'll finally get to it, but I'm in no hurry.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodsucking Fiends.