Aimee's Reviews > Best Staged Plans

Best Staged Plans by Claire Cook

Jun 16, 2011

Read from June 16 to 21, 2011

Claire Cook has written a funny, warm, entertaining book that is a perfect summer read. It is the story of Sandy Sullivan, a home stager who works at getting client's homes ready to sell. She declutters, organizes and freshens homes up to look there best. We find out that she is also getting ready to sell her own home that she shares with her tennis playing husband and her son, who has recently finished college and lives in the basement. Sandy is the only one in a hurry to get things ready and becomes frustrated with the rest of her family. She decides she needs a break so she takes a new job that takes her to Atlanta where she can stay with her newly married daughter until she finishes the job. Along the way we meet Sandy's best friend who is having boyfriend troubles and a woman who desperately needs Sandy's help.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a small book and an easy read, but so much fun. I found myself laughing out loud a few times. The characters are quirky and fun to read about. Throughout the book there are also great little tips on home decorating, easy cooking, and even the best way to pack a suitcase. I really liked Claire Cook's light, fun style of writing. I came to appreciate Sandy and the difficulties she was facing. Their were quite a few things I could relate to in this book, especially the husband that didn't want to do the work to fix up the house! This was a great little book that I would recommend to someone looking for a short but sweet book about families with some home decorating thrown in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Staged Plans.