Christina's Reviews > Ever

Ever by Gail Carson Levine

May 09, 08

bookshelves: young-adult
Read in May, 2008

I love Gail Carson Levine. She has a classic style that I love, which is also easy to read. That being said, this newest novel of hers was nothing like the Gail I knew! I did enjoy this one, quite a bit in fact, but it was definitely not you average princess story!

So, if you are going to read this novel, I have 3 bits of advise. First, just keep moving past the beginning. You are going to read the first two pages and go "hmmmmmmm...." but keep going! Second, get used to having two narrators and switching between them chapter to chapter. If you forget who's talking, it can be very confusing for a minute. Third, beware the name game going on in this book. This is set in a middle eastern country, so names for Mom and Dad are different than ours. Also, these parents, or whoever else is involved also have first names. This gets really confusing when you are trying to remember that the character Mati can also be Merem or Hannu, depending on which chapter it is and who's speaking. Really, you'll get used to it, but it can send you back to previous pages quite a few times! Good luck and enjoy!

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever.