Shawna LeAnn's Reviews > The Dark Fae

The Dark Fae by Terry Spear

Jun 17, 2011

bookshelves: nook-books
Read from June 16 to 17, 2011

I was a little nervous about buying this book. It was at an amazing price but I could not find very many reviews for it, so I followed my gut and bought it anyway. And I am glad I did!!

This was a fast read, but that is fine with me because it had me hooked from page one. Now, before I go on, I will tell you all that I am a series reader. I LOVE me some series because there is always so much more detail in them and I kinda like hanging at the end of a book and wondering what would come next....

This book was great. I loved the storyline and the characters, I just wish this would have been a series so I could have gotten to know the background of the different Fae kingdoms. Terry Spear just throws you into this fae world and you learn as you go. Sadly you do not learn too much about the fae background. Which in most of this book is okay, because you are getting the story from Alicia's point of view most of the time. And she really does not know much about this fae world except what her father wrote about in a diary for her. But other than that WOW!!

I loved the romance between Alicia and Deveron. At first you think he is nothing but a dark fae who wants to play some fun little games with Alicia. But throughout the book they get closer and closer with their steamy kisses and word play. I also LOVED Deverons sister. She was witty and forceful, and also had a loving side to her. The ending and resolution came fast for me though, but like I said, I love a series that will go into detail and have large problems with a big action twist to try and solve it all.

My only problem with this book was that it was not longer. I could have really grown closer to these characters more than I already did I should say. I would recommend this book to all those paranormal romance fans out there. It was worth my 3 bucks, I will tell you that much. [:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Fae.