Erin Reilly-Sanders's Reviews > Should I Share My Ice Cream?

Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems

Jun 16, 11

bookshelves: fiction, humor, juvenile, picturebook
Read in June, 2011

Like all the Elephant and Piggie books, this one is great, it's just that there are getting to be so many of them. I feel like now that I've got the hang of Willems's sense of humour that this one was a little predictable but still adorable. My husband and I like to read them aloud together as a dialog and this one is mostly Gerald without many Piggie lines so it wasn't quite as much fun. The illustrations are really what makes the book, telling so much story in Willems's simple but articulate shapes and lines while the text stays nice and simple.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Should I Share My Ice Cream?.

message 1: by ttrygve (new)

ttrygve Yeah, we love the Elephant & Piggie books as well, but after a while they become pretty interchangeable. We really enjoy them, but we have enough of them already, we don't really need any more.

"Hooray for Amanda and her Alligator" was really cute, though, we've read that one a *lot* already, and we don't even own a copy yet, we just checked it out from the library a few times..

Erin Reilly-Sanders ttrygve wrote: "Yeah, we love the Elephant & Piggie books as well, but after a while they become pretty interchangeable. We really enjoy them, but we have enough of them already, we don't really need any more.

"H..."

Ooo- new Mo Willems! Don't know how I missed it! Must get! Now!

message 3: by ttrygve (new)

ttrygve Yeah, this one's great. And it's one of the few books Alison noticed was missing when we returned it to the library, and even kept asking about several weeks later.

Her latest thing is to scream "I do!" and cackle wildly (a funny moment in the book, you'll get it when you read it).