Lydia M's Reviews > The Tribe

The Tribe by McCarty Griffin

F 50x66
Jun 16, 2011

Read in June, 2011

The Tribe by McCarty Griffin was a cute read about a tribe of cats and a family’s efforts to help them. When I first started to read this book I thought it would be similar to the Warrior series by Erin Hunter, but it wasn’t. It was more a heartwarming tale of how a group of poor stray cats learned to accept and even appreciate help from a young woman, her husband, and her parents than about cat warriors’ quest to survive on their own.

I enjoyed the characters the most. Both the feline and human characters were real and utterly loveable! Every character had a defined personality, and I liked reading about them. The cats’ fear and wariness about the new humans was understandable, and Susan’s compassion for every cat she saw touched my heart. The cat’s gradual tolerance toward eating her food and putting up with her everyday activities was really believable, as was their reactions to the new things she did. I was satisfied with the story and the ending.

I recommend The Tribe as a good summer read. I was given a copy of this eBook by the author for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tribe.