Jun 16, 11
Caia is a 17 year old lycan who was separated from her pack and protected by spells after the Midnight coven killed her parents. After 10 years, she and her protector are brought back into the pack and she has to adjust to being in a group, pack politics, handsome male lycans, secrets and betrayals.
The action was non-stop in the book.
What I liked:
1. The characters were interesting; flawed and 'human' despite being wolf
2. You didn't have to wait till the end for all secrets to be revealed. Instead, they were revealed 2/3 through so you got to see the impact and aftermath of the secrets.
3. Loved Lucien
4. Not every thing was perfect and happily ever after. There is true heartbreak and tragedy.
5. Caia's true emotion and no holds barred approach to defending herself
What I didn't:
1. The spelling and grammatical errors.
2. Overuse of the word 'whilst'
3. How quickly Caia tamed her magic
4. Caia's self destructive behavior with her relationship with Lucien
Looking forward to Part Two. It looks as if it'll focus on Jae, but hopefully some of the Caia/Lucien web will untangle for a little happiness for both of them.