Alishia's Reviews > Mark of the Seer

Mark of the Seer by Jenna Kay

Aug 05, 12

bookshelves: review

Clarity lives in the town of Garlandton, a town that she can't wait to leave behind when she graduates high school. Although she dislikes the town, she is not unhappy, she has a boyfriend who she loves and adores (and he, her) and her friends, who know how to make her smile. Life is going okay...until Sam shows up.

Sam is like no other boy she has ever met and she is instantly drawn to him but not in a romantic way, it's something else, something almost spiritual. Whenever Clarity is around Sam she feels calm, safe and protected. There is just one problem ; Sam shows up in the most unusual places, one minute he is there, the next he isn't and Clarity, thinking that she is seeing things that are not there, begins to wonder, if she may just be going insane.

After Clarity finds herself in some strange and dangerous situations, Sam informs her that he is her guardian angel and that she is a Seer. Being a Seer puts Clarity's life in danger, as there are those, full of evil, who seek to destroy her. Is being a Seer what Clarity wants and if not can she run away from her destiny or will her destiny find her?

One of the first things that attracted me to Clarity was the cover, I thought it was very intriguing and when I found out that the book was about a Seer I was even more intrigued. I really enjoyed Clarity. It was well written and featured a storyline that I have not come across before. One of the things I really loved about this novel was the relationship that developed between Sam and Clarity, that of guardian angel and human.

Sometimes when you finish reading a novel, that's it. You don't think about it anymore but not with Clarity. After I had turned the final page, I had so many questions. Do I believe in guardian angels? Does everyone have one? There were times when I was reading Clarity, where I had to stop, go back and read the paragraph again, just because I could relate to what Clarity was thinking so well.

Not only did I enjoy the storyline, I also enjoyed how the novel got me thinking. To be able to get a reader thinking means that an author has done their job well and Jenna Kay has done just that. For anyone who enjoys reading about the supernatural or has ever questioned who they are or where their place is in the world, I think you will enjoy this book.

4/5

Review originally posted at Treasured Tales for Young Adults.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mark of the Seer.