Godzilla's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Jun 23, 11

bookshelves: 2011, dystopian, teens, sci-fi
Read on June 22, 2011

I sort of bought this on the pretext of getting it for my eldest son - he'd enjoyed The Hunger Games, but I suspect I enjoyed it more.

So I've read it before he's had chance to, and I suspect i will be ordering the final part pretty soon too.

The book didn't grab me as much as the first, if I'm honest, but the fact that I tore through it in less than a day (and having been at work too) must show something in its favour.

The characters are set up from the first book, but we learn a little more back story about the games and their previous winners.

In a way the book suffers from being the middle of a trilogy: the basic premise has been set up, but you know the denouement is not going to be in this tome, leaving you on a journey to the final installment.

It's a rivetting journey all the same, even though your trepidation about the characters is non-existent, Katniss is always going to make it to the final book.

The ending of this book is set up nicely for the final book though - the last part looks like it should be a roller coaster.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

Joshua Get to read books at work--lucky!

Godzilla If only Joshua! My poorly written phrase is meant to convey that I managed to read this in a day even after a full working day.