RLA's Reviews > Walk on the Wild Side

Walk on the Wild Side by Natalie Anderson

Jun 16, 11

Read in April, 2011

The story begins with the heroine Kelsi hitting the hero Pro-Snowboarder Jack with her car, by accident of course! Kelsi is distraught and the extremely charismatic Jack talks her into spending the afternoon with him. The sparks that fly between these two are instant and, wow, the resulting events are passionate! The afternoon they spend together is just that, an afternoon, after which Jack goes into training and Kelsi goes back to her hardworking life. However a month later Jack is still thinking about Kelsi and their explosive chemistry. He goes to visit her, where they are both shocked to discover she is pregnant. Jack immediately feels obligated to provide for Kelsi, not to mention terrified. He takes over Kelsi's life almost completely in an attempt to keep in control of his fears. Kelsi feels trapped and helpless against Jack's take over, however they both still want each other like crazy.

This is the third book from the RIVA line i have read, and if they are all as fantastic as this book then I can see RIVA becoming my new favourite!
I adored both of the characters; Jack was so unashamedly cool yet still very complex, and bravo to Natalie Anderson for creating such a bold female character, Kelsi was so gloriously normal yet also not afraid to be different and with a deep side that still has issues from childhood. I found all the technical snowboarding info a little confusing, but lucky for me I have a husband who is into snowboarding and skateboarding and helped explain things to me! Confusion aside, it's great to read a book that includes different jobs and alternative lifestyles, after all how many corporate banker types can you read before it gets tired!
Natalie's dialogue between the characters sparkles and the rest of the writing is flawless. Be prepared for some steamy scenes, let me tell you, the sex on the beach scene, whew!!

This is a fantastic book and just perfect for this new live of contemporary romances, I definitely recommend reading this book!

Originally posted at http://everyday-is-the-same.blogspot....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk on the Wild Side.