Allie's Reviews > I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships and Romance

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris

Mar 13, 08

bookshelves: own, devotional, life-how-to
Read in January, 2007

I am a 17 year old christian teenage girl who has lived her relationship life according to this book and has no regrets. I have healthy friendships with a lot of guys but--amazingly enough--not a single boyfriend. And my life has been just fine for it. Actually, my life has been great. The whole point of the book is that there is a season for everything: a season for investing in friendships, and a season for dating/courting for the purpose of marriage. This has worked just fine for all the people around me (most singles in my church don't practice dating either), and there has been no lack of wonderful marriages. I don't date, but that doesn't mean I've thrown away marriage. I'm just using my time to serve God instead of committing my heart to a boyfriend right now. (Which is the whole point of the book).

It is actually a fun book, and very easy to read. Josh is not condemning, but he does let people know that there are other options out there besides dating.
44 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Kissed Dating Goodbye.

message 1: by Khalid (new)

Khalid I Kissed Dating Goodbye I Like This Book But
I Wanna Ask U
What U feelin When u Kissin First Time
I Need The Ans In My E-Mail

message 2: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn Connell I agree, I've never kissed or dated a guy, and my life is happier than ever. I've chosen to form a relationship with God with my "season of singleness". Any relationship you have won't work without God in the center.

Rebeckah I agree with you completely. I'm eighteen and read it last year, and it has changed my perspective on dating. I now see how I can honor God with my purity.

Marjorie <3 I'm 21 and I have dated... a lot... after reading this book and "Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy, I finally realized why I always felt an emptiness inside that I never wanted to admit to.. now I realize that singleness is a gift, and since reading those two books I have completely changed my ways. My life is much more fulfilling now - and I haven't been dating! What a concept. :)

message 5: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan Severance This is great! I think it's so wonderful when I come across Christian teens like me who are committed to purity and saving themselves for the right man. And let me be honest, I love my guy friends! I think it's great to have friends of mixed genders... but that's all I want: friends. Dating in highschool is risky and so often ends badly. So I love that I'm able to hang with boys and yet keep the focus right. It's also good practice - I want to be friends with my future husband long before we're married. So don't rush dating! Save the phrase "I love you" until you really mean it. Love is used too cheaply these days. Let's give it worth again.