mark monday's Reviews > Clouds of Witness

Clouds of Witness by Dorothy L. Sayers

Apr 22, 13

bookshelves: murdertime

dashing peter wimsey dashes into some more dashing adventures. he's one of literature's greatest detectives. but just as enjoyable is his faithful manservant bunter. peter runs around figuring things out with his clever, clever mind but it is bunter who often gets his hands dirty with rather agreeable tasks like chatting up all the maidservants and various other domestics. tasks he clearly relishes but approaches with suave professionalism. various witnesses never fail to succumb to bunter's charms. he's the man!

the novel was fun. i was never bored, so there's that. but still... well, no need to get into it. maybe i'm just spoiled because whenever i open up another Sayers i'm always expecting a Gaudy Night type experience. alas!
28 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clouds of Witness.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) "Gaudy Night type experience. "

When I read that I actually saw, "Goudy type experience" as in the font. I've had some odd experiences with fonts, like right now, every few paragraphs the ebook is changing font sizes, so I thought you were complaining about the typeface!

mark monday i meant a "Gouda type experience". a waxy cheese type experience, yum.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Oh, that makes much more sense.