Catherine's Reviews > Money Shot

Money Shot by Susan Sey
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Money Shot.

06/15/2011 page 3
1.0% "

"Grandma, Rush made a joke."

Lila clasped pretty ringed hands together and beamed. "He did?"

"It was about shooting people, but it was definitely a joke," Einar said. "We think." He quirked a brow Rush's way. "Wasn't it?"

"I don't talk about shooting when I'm serious," he said. "It spoils the surprise."

Lila's mouth fell open and Yarrow said, "See? He did it again." (continued in comments)

" 8 comments
06/15/2011 page 36
12.0% "Huh. That was fast." 9 comments
06/17/2011 page 118
39.0% "The story line and the character dynamic is one that would usually work for me, but the story never established a motivation for any of it. Rush is getting deep and Goose knows he wants her soul instead of just her body, but why is he getting deep? Why does she think he wants her soul? It hasn't been long at all. I need motivation. Convincing, well thought out motivation."
07/31/2011 "Woot! I finally found this book! It has been lost forever. I guess deep cleaning this weekend was a good idea. :D"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Not much of a summary on the book's page. Is it good so far?

message 2: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine The back cover says:

Secret Service agent Maria "Goose" di Guzman knows something about penance. A tragic mistake forced her to replace the dangerous, impulsive girl she'd been with someone better, smarter. Someone sexy, cool, and utterly in control. But one crack in her perfect facade lands Goose on tiny Mishkwa Island, investigating naked hippies, frisky moose, and a red-hot park ranger who sees straight through her.

When Rush Guthrie traded in an elite military career to police his tiny island hometown, he got a pretty good deal: a park ranger's badge, a resurrected conscience, and signs of life from his MIA sense of humor. A guy couldn't want anything more. But when Goose turns up--all sexy curves, sad eyes, and thorny questions--Rush realizes he can want more. A lot more.

While Goose pursues the island's deepest secrets, Rush pursues the brave, funny woman inside all that careful perfection. But the truths the uncover put everything on the line--life, death, and true love. And they'll only get one shot at all of it.

I like it. I felt that the connection between them didn't have a solid foundation, but if I ignored that, the relationship setup seemed a lot more compelling.

I lost this book for like a month and only recently found it again. I'm hoping I can slide back into it easily and finish it up.

message 3: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Heroine sounds interesting, though the "solid foundation" comment makes me question - look forward to reading your review (if you're able to get back into it and finish it :-).

message 4: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine I'm hoping so too. :)