xJane's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Jun 14, 13

Meh, it read as though it was intended to be made into a film. And, for my money, the screen version is the superior.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

06/15/2011 page 10
4.0% "Picked it up in a bookstore because people have been telling me to read it. So far: pretty good!"
06/15/2011 page 40
15.0% ""'You know how to kill.' 'Not people.' 'How different can it be, really?' The awful thing is that if I can forget they're people, it will be no different at all.""
06/15/2011 page 78
29.0% "Good, fast, light read so far."
06/16/2011 page 86
32.0% "Although it is perhaps Totalitarianism taken to an absurd extreme, it does a good job of highlighting minor totalitarian events or circumstances the reader has encountered, reminding them of the little injustices put up with—and their extreme when nothing is done or said."
06/16/2011 page 103
39.0% "Would it be redundant to say I like her 'tude?"
06/16/2011 page 208
78.0% "I'm enjoying this far more than I intended to."
06/17/2011 page 243
91.0% ""I hear Gale saying, 'How different can it be, really?' Amazingly similar in the execution. A bow pulled, an arrow shot. Entirely different in the aftermath. I killed a boy whose name I don't even know." I cried. Not for this boy, but for Katniss' pain."
06/17/2011 page 267
100.0% "I'm disappointed that, in the end, when she finally had the opportunity, she gave the right answer, instead of the one that was true."
06/14/2013 marked as: read