Zury's Reviews > The Thing About Jane Spring

The Thing About Jane Spring by Sharon Krum

Jun 15, 2011

it was ok

This actually deserves a 2.5 instead of 2 stars. Cute story and it was an interesting but quick read. I liked it and I admit that I laughed in some parts but I got annoyed with Jane Spring at times because of how pathetically clueless she was. I get that she was raised by a drilling sergeant from the army and with no mother as a role model but can anyone really be that clueless to the relationship of others? She was astonished to discover on her own that you get better results with complimenting as opposed to insults. And she doesn't have the slightest idea as to why men cannot tolerate her? I found the concept of the book interesting and different but the author might have taken it too far on things. Her main character went to the extreme in everything and I just wanted to slap some sense into this woman. The ending was predictable too.

Anyway, the book is about a lawyer who was raised on the military base with her father, whom she calls Sir, along with her brothers and has no real sense of what it's like being a real woman. Her mentality is focused on goals and she will cut you dry to the bone with her tough attitude and harsh tongue if you get in her way, especially in the courtroom. Unfortunately because of the way she is, she cannot seem to catch a break with guys. As soon as they realize that this beautiful and sexy blonde is critical of everything and doesn't hold back her tongue for anyone, the men scramble towards the door. So she decides to make a change and follow a 60s actress as a role model to see if she will catch the guy like in the movies. Will she be able to pull it off and completely change her persona? Will it jeopardize her important trial? Read and find out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing About Jane Spring.