Teresa Collins's Reviews > The Fifth Witness

The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly

Jun 29, 11

Read from June 15 to 29, 2011

I loved this book. Anyone who was a fan of Perry Mason or Judd for the Defense will enjoy it because it is chock full of trial testimony, like word for word. But since I'm a diehard Perry Mason fan, that was ok with me.
Lisa Trammel is losing her home to foreclosure. She has hired Michael Haller as her attorney to fight the foreclosure. Lisa decides to take her fight to the streets, so she begins protests in front of the bank that holds her mortgage, Westland Financial, creating such an uproar with her protests, and online blogging that the bank takes a restraining order out on her. Right in the middle of all of this, Mitchell Bondurant, the head of Westland is murdered. Now Lisa faces losing more than just her home, so Mickey is now more than her foreclosure lawyer. He is fighting for her life.
Even though this book deals mainly with the courtroom activities, it never drags. You know, sometimes, that nitpicky stuff can slow down the flow of the story but somehow, this one didn't.
An added bonus for those who watch the TV show Castle is that Michael Connelly is one of the poker players Rick Castle goes to when he needs a little assistance. It's always fun seeing someone I "know" on tv.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fifth Witness.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Fincher I enjoyed the book too! Good job on the review Terri!