Pen-rye-n's Reviews > Still Life With Murder

Still Life With Murder by P.B. Ryan

I went back and forth on reading this book. Set in the 1800's? Back when women were little more than accessories? Yeah. Pass. Give me a hardcore, ass-kicking heroine any day.

I ended up ordering it after reading the reviews on Amazon & what do you know? Nell Sweeney, former "kinda" nurse, turned governess, is as kickass as any heroine in any other period.

As far as the mystery goes, Ryan kept me guessing right up until the Big Reveal. Just when I would think I had it all figured out & was praising myself for cracking another mystery before the main character, Ryan would throw a curveball & I was back at square one. And as for Nell herself? I still haven't figured out her mystery.

I fell in love with the characters I was supposed to, hurt for Viola Hewitt, the mother of suspected murderer Dr. Will Hewitt, wanted to cuddle little Gracie Hewitt, detested August, the resentful stepfather to Dr. Will & rooted for Nell throughout.

Ryan, I'm a believer. Bring on the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Life With Murder.