Nicole's Reviews > A World Without Heroes

A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull

Jun 18, 11

Read from June 15 to 18, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This was truly a tough book to tag the rating. In suspense, I'd give it six stars. I could feel the tension coursing through my body at some points. In plot, I'd give it three stars. The plot was entertaining, but it was predictable. Some of it. The characters were unpredictable. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. You decide.

This novel has plenty of bugs that never got picked out: The main character uses too high of a vocabulary for his age, the author uses words and descriptions that draw you out of the book, and the characters randomly stop and have discussions about unrelated topics.

Another problem seems to be on the subject of heroes. The main character, in the end, based a decision on the definition of a hero and memory of people who had been slain. I don't think the main character has enough evidence in the end that the villain is a cruel leader. We don't even know, if I remember correctly, why the evil emperor wants to be the leader. Why would he seek to crush enemies under his feet and then invite them to live with him in splendor?

This book is still worth reading, despite anything a little odd in it. It was a fun read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A World Without Heroes.

Annie no surprises? youve got to b joking