Ursy's Reviews > The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship --Toltec Wisdom Book

The Mastery of Love by Miguel Ruiz

Jun 18, 11

Read from June 15 to 18, 2011

This book has very little and everything to do with creating meaningful relationships with others. It's sole focus is about creating a loving relationship with yourself. It gives real world examples of how we create our own hell. If we can create it, we can destroy it. This book looks at how and why we've created a dream of hell and sheds light on how we can turn that dream into a dream of heaven.

Although I was not big on the slightly religious undertones in some of the chapters, I do believe that we are here for a reason and if that is the case, something created us. It may be faulty logic to some, but it could also be completely logical. It may not be the God that Christians believe in, and it may not be the God that Muslims believe in, but I can hold true to the fact that there is a creator in all of us. We are our own god. We create our own dream/life. The religious aspect of the book was easily overlooked because of the depth of perception that it gives to living life the way we believe it to be.

Don't believe me. Don't believe yourself. Don't believe others.
Find your own truths.

Definitely worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mastery of Love.

06/16/2011 page 145