Zenei's Reviews > The Conquest

Jun 15, 2011

liked it
Recommended to Zenei by: Rate 3
Read from July 03 to 12, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

This is the sequeal to the Taming which in my opinion is a much better book. This one is only slightly above average and that is because it is the conclusion of the Peregine story (which is a great story) and has some of the elements that I liked in the first book. But the romance between Tearle and Zared really did nothing for me. He was just too sappy and soft. It's always border-line with JD for me because her writing tends to be light, fluffy silliness to me. But she tells great stories and she is among the best at character development. Sometimes I wish she would write a serious well researched epic historical romance like "A Wolf and a Dove" or "Highland Rose"... I actually wanted JD to persue the romance between Severn and Lady Anne which had the potential to be a great story in itself. I loved Severn and thought he should have had his own book. So to sum it up, I loved the story of the Peregrines, Rogan, Liana, Severn and even Zared when she was in the Taming, hiding out as a boy, but really didn't care for Tearle at all and the romantic story between him and Zared wasn't that good for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Conquest.