Jessica's Reviews > The Summoner

The Summoner by Layton Green

4192573
Jun 15, 11

Read in June, 2011

Dominic Grey works with Diplomatic Security as a Special Agent. His newest assignment: travel to Zimbabwe to find the missing head of the Consulate, William Addison. Addison was last seen at a Juju ceremony where he mysteriously disappeared.

Grey is assigned to work with two other investigators, Viktor Radek and the beautiful Nya Mashumba. Viktor is a complete mystery and Nya is set on revenge. After another disappearance of a young girl occurs, they are led to a small village where no one will talk about the girl.

I really enjoyed this book! The descriptions of Zimbabwe made me feel like I was there. I loved learning about Zimbabwe's people and cultures and enjoyed reading about the Juju religion. There were some parts that were disturbing to me (torture, cruelty, etc.) but nothing that put me off the book. I made the mistake of reading this book at night with my husband and work and I have to say, I was double checking to make sure my doors were locked! Plus, I stayed up all night to finish it. This is one book that you will not want to put down once you start it.

This is the first book in the Domnic Grey series and I cannot wait to get my hands on the second book! The unpredictability, the surprises and the twists and turns make it a fast read and one that you won't forget easily!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summoner.