Antof9's Reviews > Something Borrowed

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

Jun 19, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read, americana, chicklit, depressing, liberry, nyc, first-novel
Read from June 15 to 18, 2011

I knew it was chicklit. I knew Darcy would be unlikeable. I'm even pretty sure I've read this before but since I couldn't find a review for it anywhere, I guessed I hadn't. And now I wish I hadn't bothered. Sadly, neither Rachel nor Darcy is likeable. And although Dex is painted as a likeable guy, I didn't much care for him either. Marcus and Ethan and Julian seem like standup guys, however. Too bad the book isn't about them.

This wasn't charming, it didn't compel me to keep turning pages, and even though it was mostly "clean" (for chicklit), it's all about questionable decisions so in fact it seemed far more dirty than the most predictable chicklit.

I'm totally "meh" on this, and not sure I'm going to bother with Something Blue, which I know I have read. In fact, I just re-read my review of that and I am SO not re-reading it that I will just put the link to it here and be done with these two women.

And now I'm sad that this was so bad because I like the actors in the movie, but I'm not even sure I want to bother with it (which is the only reason I read this in the first place). *sigh*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Borrowed.

06/15/2011 page 4
1.0% "I swear I've read this (I *know* I've read "Something Blue"), but I can't find it anywhere. And when I saw the previews for the movie, I was confused. So I ordered it from the library. I LOVE THE LIBRARY!"