Tiffany's Reviews > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Jun 15, 2011

bookshelves: library, 2011, would-read-again
Read from October 11 to 15, 2011 , read count: 1

Love, love, love this book. It touches on numerous themes; at its core, it's yet another coming-of-age story, but it's very well done. Charlie might be one of my favorite characters. At times he is kind of annoying, but in the overall scope of the story, I understood why. He's just so awkward and unsure of himself, but at the same time really aware and in tune with the emotions of people around him. He is just strange and paradoxical that way.

Apparently, the author drew from The Catcher in the Rye, which is okay with me (even though I HATED Catcher). I guess you can think of Charlie as a much more likeable version of Holden Caulfield.

When I got to the pretty big reveal toward the end, it really changed my perception of the story as a whole. In fact, when I finished the book, I went back to the beginning and flipped through to reread certain portions. I think this is a book that will get better with each read and it's definitely one I plan to read again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Quotes Tiffany Liked

We accept the love we think we deserve.
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

10/11/2011 page 28
13.0% "This is my first time reading this and I love it so far."
10/13/2011 page 94
44.0% "I love this book."