Michele's Reviews > Remember Me?

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

Mar 19, 08

Read in March, 2008

My First Sophie Kinsella Book
Lexie Smart. Was she or was she not Ghandi in a previous life? The fun and farcical story of Lexie Smart has the heroine in this tale, Remember Me?, wondering how she got to a completely different station in life between the years 2004 and 2007. She believes she's stumbled into a dream life, but soon steps into a hornet's nest of complications, including finding out she's married to a "guy she just met," Eric, who is so rigid you have to sit up straighter just reading about him. She also discovers her best mates, a colorful threesome, have grown to hate her and call her the "bitch boss from hell."

Having no basis for comparison with the author's earlier works, this was just plain an enjoyable little story about a young woman trying to piece together her life after a car accident causes her to suffer from amnesia. She can't remember the last three years of her life and the drastic changes she underwent to go from a snaggletooth bumbler to a high-styled corporate bigwig married to a millionaire. It's well written, very funny and has a clever plot that kept me turning pages at a record pace. I can see why Kinsella has so many fans and look forward to reading her Shopaholic series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember Me?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Sophie Kinsella's books are one of my guilty pleasures. :) Looking forward to reading this one, too.

Melissa I never miss a Sophie Kinsella!

Chocoyumi Teh well sad for me because my first book was "Can you keep a secret?" totally not my expectation.

Krystal I enjoyed reading your review! I love Sophies books and its great to hear someones first time opinion of her stories as well!

Michelle Disha The Shopaholic Series are my favorite, you should read em too :) they're high-larious, especially "Shopaholic&Sister" one.