Roxy's Reviews > The Jewel of St. Petersburg

Jun 21, 11

liked it
bookshelves: adult-fiction
Read from June 16 to 21, 2011

I found this book a little hard to get into and at times I thought it was a little too political for my liking. However saying that some of those boring political bits help you to understand why the characters are the way they are. As I read on and the characters finally began to develop, I found myself wanting to read the book more often to find out about Valentina and Jens love story, the beautiful balls they went to and their love at first sight romance! I was a little disappointed with the ending, I felt like the book finished quite abruptly making me feel unsatisfied. I would recommend this book to people who like historical fiction and a bit of romance. The only advice I'd give is that if you have trouble getting into it, keep persevering because although it's hardly the book of the year, there's a good story tucked in there. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jewel of St. Petersburg.

06/15/2011 page 102
25.0% "So far I am finding it hard to get into. It seems a little too political and like theres not enough of a storyline. Hopefully that will change."