Derek (Guilty of thoughtcrime)'s Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Mar 14, 12

bookshelves: sf, post-apocalyptic
Read from March 12 to 14, 2012

I really didn't want to like this book. "Oh, another Harry Potter... another Twilight". The latest must-read. Ho hum. Of course, sometimes books really are must-reads. And now, I must read book 2...

(but you still can't make me read Twilight!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

03/14/2012 page 311

Cecily I take it that you've resisted the temptation to succumb to book 2 (or did you just not want to sully your virtual shelves)? ;)

Derek (Guilty of thoughtcrime) I haven't so much resisted, as failed to ever get book two off the bottom of my to-read list. I guess it's gone from "must" read to "may" read.

Cecily Life's too short to waste it on bad books. ;)

message 4: by Derek (Guilty of thoughtcrime) (last edited Apr 13, 2013 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Derek (Guilty of thoughtcrime) I certainly agree with that - but I didn't find this to be a bad book. I probably rated it higher than it deserved because I found it a better book than I expected, but I definitely enjoyed it.

Cecily Well, yes, "bad" is a bit strong for this (and I'm very much not the target market), but nevertheless, life is too short to waste on books one doesn't really enjoy.

S. C. Flynn Iwas also suspicious of this bt liked it. And no, I have not succumbed to reading Twlight.